Let me share with you a little experiment we carried out recently which has turned immediate results.
Mitch who is part of the We Are Web Social team and our Instagram junkie has a Single Product Business site called WWW.URBANBEARDMAN.COM .It’s in the Men’s Grooming , Beard Grooming niche which is worth a hefty $13 billion annually on the web ….BTW Mitch does all of the marketing for this site on Instagram.
In less than 1 week on this platform with NO PAID advertising, and targeting influential Beard dudes with lots of Followers and searching for posts with his # chosen key phrase, he has over 300 highly targeted organic followers. In this time he has been able to find 3 JV partners and run a competition where the partner offers up a product in exchange for Mitch promoting their account and the entire winner has to do is like the page and tag a friend with a beard.
It’s a simple WIN-WIN for Mitch and the JV partner building their respective channels.
To date he has made 2 sales from the Instagram platform in under a week.
You might say only 2 sales but this is just rinse and repeat could be used in any business niche.
The one thing I asked Mitch was ‘How did you do it?”
He said “I just looked for people who needed HELP” and I scripted my message to HELP others …
I think we’ve all heard this before “When you can be the solution to someone problem you have a business “
Here’s a little article Mitch created just this week on the “10 quick tips for Instagram as a marketing platform” to share with you all and let’s hope as soon as you finish reading this email you set yourself up an account. J
Instagram as of Q4 2017 has more than 800 million users making it an extremely powerful tool that your business should not be without. A 25% increase in growth the past year and best of all only 1% of those 800 million are using it for business which means a great opportunity exists for those who jump on early. Each day 40 million photos are posted, why aren’t you using it yet? Most likely you find it hard to stand out from the crowd. However, Instagram can be extremely beneficial for growing your business no matter how large or small.
Instagram is most likely one of the easiest social media platforms to use, if you are not using it already. Unlike Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus you only have one page. There is not a separate fan page or profile page. And, you can snap a picture anywhere to share it.
The simplest way to use Instagram is to download the app on your phone, snap a picture, add a hashtag, and post. Although anyone can do this, you are trying to run a business which means that you need to do a bit more so that you do not get lost in the flood of photos.
Keep reading and you will learn the best tips for using Instagram to grow your business.
- Share your products and services. You can take photos or create videos of your products to spread the word about them if you are a product based business. You can post photos or videos of your processes, use of your tools, and videos that show off your services if you are a service based business. Anyone can use photos and videos to share their business.
- Connect with your audience behind the scenes. By sharing photos and videos of your productions process, bloopers throughout the day, or techniques that you use behind the scenes you can grow your authenticity and trust with your audience. Using everyday moments such as these engage your community and let them see your personality.
- Share special, one time only access. Let your audience know that they are the first to see or hear about a new product you are working on. You can share a photo of a discount code, photos, or brief videos of limited access information.
- Regram content from your audience. Let your audience know you are paying attention to them by sharing their content with the rest of your audience. This will quickly build your rapport and trustworthiness.
- Make sure your hashtags are relevant. You can use your hashtags to get content in front of the right people. However, you need to use hashtags that are relevant to your business. You want people who see your content to know what it is.
- Create a branded hashtag. You need to use hashtags with your photos and videos to improve their search capibilites. On top of that, you can create a feeling of community among your audience by creating a branded hashtag. You can use this hashtag for events or specific product you are currently involved in creating. Then, as your audience shares the image and hashtag other will become more aware of you and your brand.
- Ask to be recommended or mentioned. It may seem like a faux pas, but asking your audience to regram, recommend, or mention you gives them a direct call to action.
- Be sure to post regularly. Posting regularly gives your audience something to look forward to sharing. Plus, they will know grow their trust in you and know that you will respect their time.
- Hold a contest. One of the best ways to engage your followers is to get them to interact with you and your business. You can host a “like to win” contest or a “hashtag user generated contest.” Either way you will be able to reach out to your community and promote your business. As a prize you can offer a discount, free product, or have the winner be featured in your feed. Depending on who your ideal client is will determine the type of contest and the type of prize.
- Keep a good balance between promotional and other content. You do not want all of your posts to be promotional. You can use your posts to tell your story, the story of your business, share helpful information with your community, and share your businesses values and direction. You want fewer promotional posts than other posts.
As you continue to use Instagram to grow your business, remember that it can become even more powerful when you connect it to your other social media platforms.
If you haven’t started an Instagram account, it isn’t too late to start one. Although it seems to be very popular, not many businesses are using it to its full advantage. You can begin using the tips shared above to supercharge your business.
We’d love to hear from anyone else sharing your success on the platform and I know Mitch is documenting everything he’s doing so he can HELP others and if you would like a guide he has created called INSTAACTIVE ‘The 3 Steps to market your business on Instagram and get engagement in 60 seconds’ CLICK HERE to download your copy ….
Learn the craft, figure out the opportunity, go and attack it and always remember to ENJOY the ride.